Sunday, June 10, 2012

Botanical Gardens







When he came to visit the second time, he, Tiff, and I all spent a beautiful spring day at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Like the rest of New York City, amidst it's grit and grime, Brooklyn hides its most beautiful qualities out of plain site. Isn't it odd how we have the capacity to remember certain sensations? Even if they seem like a lifetime away? I remember how different it felt walking through the tropical rainforest and into the warm temperate climate. The feeling of my skin reacting to the different temperatures and humidities-- one would think it something unimportant. But for some reason these sensations have stuck in my mind like some sort of living record. Reminding me: you were there, you did that, you felt that. I wonder why I insist on remembering such things.



ps. Near the gardens is a wonderful little restaurant called the The Blue Roost, and despite their website which leaves a lot to be desired, I promise their food is incredible! If you're in the area I definitely recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. i just found your blog and these pictures are amazing. i love bontanical gardens... sooo pretty and they get me so geared up for summer! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! yes the gardens are really beautiful and make for a great day out! :) thanks for your comment!

      Delete