Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Things We Do


Today I've thought a lot about the things we do to make ourselves feel better. We find things to hold our attention long enough to stop our feelings from coming to a head and to stop ourselves from acting on those feelings and possibly doing something insane. Some turn to vices like drugs or overeating, while others choose healthier obsessions such as exercising (wish that was me haha). For me, I choose retail therapy. However, while we think throwing ourselves into these new obsessions will make us feel better, perhaps we are acting more insane by doing this than we would be if we simply dealt with whatever it was that caused our negative feelings in the first place? I say this but even I can't take my own advice, maybe one day I'll learn how to do that. 
In true retail therapy style, my latest shopping obsession is with the Frye Melissa Button Boots. I can't get over how beautifully constructed they are and I've been looking for a pair of black riding boots for a while. Perhaps I shall have to buy them ;)


Frugal? No. Effective? Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment