Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!

Have a cuppa and just breathe!
I've always loved Wednesday. I know that's a bit odd because it's the day smack dab in the middle of the workweek and the stresses of life are usually piling up to climax at this point. For most people, the only source of relief from this pressure-cooker of emotions and deadlines is the thought of Friday afternoon when everything can be put on pause for a couple of days. But not for me! I look forward to Wednesday because of its central position in the week. I love the symmetry of 5-day work weeks and I guess I see Wednesday as a little resting place of its own-- a place to sit and reflect on how the things I learned on Monday and Tuesday can help me better live my life on Thursday and Friday. It's like my own personal refuge from my usual stressed-out, freaked-out, totally unnecessarily anxious self-commentary. On Wednesdays I remind myself to breathe more deeply and care less! Sometimes we all get caught up in the millions upon millions of things we think we need to do. But that's just it, we actually don't have millions of things to do, we just don't have a proper mindset in which to plan out our tasks in an orderly way! If I have a particularly busy week, it always makes me feel rather silly when I actually take the time to plan out when I'm going to do what. My feeling of self-embarrassment always arises because I realize that I constantly let myself get stressed over the most minute details! Wednesday is all about the big picture, a day to realize the things that are really important and the things that add no more to your life than stress and anxiety. So I wish you all a truly wonderful wednesday and may you breathe a little easier and laugh a little louder today!

ps. I took this photo at La Colombe, a beautiful coffee shop in between Lafayette and 4th St. in Manhattan. If you're in the area, this place is definitely worth checking out!


No comments:

Post a Comment